When warming up food on a hot tray on shabbat, most poskim do not allow one to put the food directly on the hot tray, but rather insist on a plate or inverted pot or pan be placed on the hot tray and the food be placed on top of that. Unfortunately, even using a shallow baking sheet creates a 1 cm air gap between the food and the hot tray, and the food just doesn't get that hot. Any ideas on how to get food hot with this setup? Hotter warming tray? Different type of baking sheet? Putting the food in a different type on container?
ends in 8 days
Featured on Meta
- Can an iPhone 7 be made to function as a NFC Tag?
- Why is the change of basis formula counter-intuitive? [See details]
- What does it mean that physics no longer uses mechanical models to describe phenomena?
- A term for a woman complaining about things/begging in a cute/childish way
- Constant factor of an array
- Did any compiler fully use 80-bit floating point?
- Co-worker has annoying ringtone
- Did pre-Columbian Americans know the spherical shape of the Earth?
- Why datecode is SO IMPORTANT to chip manufacturers?
- What is the role of と after a noun when it doesn't appear to count or list anything?
- Nose gear failure in single prop aircraft: belly landing or nose-gear up landing?
- What would you call this weird metallic apparatus that allows you to lift people?
- Is it possible for SQL statements to execute concurrently within a single session in SQL Server?
- Are there any irrational/transcendental numbers for which the distribution of decimal digits is not uniform?
- Can humans save crash-landed aliens?
- Is it dangerous to install hacking tools on my private linux machine?
- Found this skink in my tomato plant bucket. Is he trapped? Or could he leave if he wanted?
- Relating to the President and obstruction, were Mueller's conclusions preordained?
- Why is it faster to reheat something than it is to cook it?
- My mentor says to set image to Fine instead of RAW — how is this different from JPG?
- Should a wizard buy fine inks every time he want to copy spells into his spellbook?
- Simple Line in LaTeX Help!
- Did Mueller's report provide an evidentiary basis for the claim of Russian govt election interference via social media?
- Why is a lens darker than other ones when applying the same settings?