Pirkay D'rabbi Eliyeser 14.5
Hashem gave the woman nine curses and death:
- The afflictions of child birth
- The afflictions of blood of virginity
- The affliction of pregnancy
- The affliction of bringing up children
- Her head is covered like a mourner,
- and she does not shave it except on account of immorality.
- Her ear is pierced like (the ears of) perpetual slaves.
- Like a hand-maid (slave) she waits upon her husband.
- She is not believed as a witness.
And after all these, death.
There would seem to be several problems with this.
- Was there originally no way of having children?
- Same as #1.
- Like the first two, this only applies if the woman is married, and has children.
- Does this mean that their hair is long? That doesn't seem like a con. And if it means that they must cover their hair then A- again, only when married and B- the Terumat Hadeshen holds - I believe - that women covering their hair is drabbanun, and therefore not really from Hashem.
- Aren't there chassidish women who shave their heads? Also, is it asur drabbanun, Das Yehudit, or nothing which says they must not shave their heads? Unless it's דאורייתא it's again not from Hashem
- That's voluntary. They like earrings. Exactly how is that a curse?
- Those responsibilities - as far as I know - are mostly drabbanun. Again not from Hashem.