Why does Sarah refers to Avraham as אדני Adoni (Genesis 18:12)? Why not say Ishi אישי or Ba'ali בעלי if she is refering to him as her husband? Why would she call him her master/lord?
Featured on Meta
- "Official wife" or "Formal wife"?
- How to escape dependency hell?
- Why do the i8080 I/O instructions take a byte-sized operand to determine the port?
- Writing "hahaha" versus describing the laugh
- Is "vegetable base" a common term in English?
- Fill area of x^2+y^2>1 and x^2+y^2>4 using patterns and tikzpicture
- Is it safe to redirect stdout and stderr to the same file without file descriptor copies?
- Ribbon Cable Cross Talk - Is there a fix after the fact?
- Local variables in DynamicModule affected by outside evaluation
- How to remove new line added by readarray when using a delimiter?
- How can I minimize the damage of an unstable nuclear reactor to the surrounding area?
- Is it normal to "extract a paper" from a master thesis?
- Visual Block Mode edit with sequential number
- Is this homebrew "Cactus Grenade" cantrip balanced?
- How to teach an undergraduate course without having taken that course formally before?
- Team has team lunch everyday, am I forced to go?
- Is there an idiom that means that you are in a very strong negotiation position in a negotiation?
- Count all vowels in string
- Are cells guaranteed to get at least one mitochondrion when they divide?
- Testing using real data of the customer
- ifconfig shows UP while ip link shows DOWN
- Split into three!
- Why did it take so long for Germany to allow electric scooters / e-rollers on the roads?
- Why did other houses not demand this?