During a regular chupah the choson puts the ring on the kallah's finger. What happens in a case of when the kallah is a niddah by the chupah being that the choson can't touch the kallah? Who puts the ring on?
As we discussed in the question about Menstruating on Wedding Day there seem to be various customs.
- The groom is careful not to touch the bride when putting the ring on her finger.
- This seems to be the common custom, and is the one mentioned in all halacha books I've seen. E.g. here.
- Some communities would just pass the ring in such a situation.
- This was mentioned but not elaborated on.
- A commentator above mentioned that he could drop the ring into her hand