My husband is incapable of marital relations due to antidepressants and psychological issues. This came as a shock after marriage. I was too ashamed and embarrassed to seek help, and my mother kept urging me to try to work it out. However, there are some things I cannot change. We have two children by artificial insemination. I don't plan on breaking up the family, but I long for normal marital relations. How can I live a virtuous life under these circumstances?

closed as off-topic by sabbahillel, Yishai, Double AA Aug 29 '16 at 13:05

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions asking for a practical ruling (p'sak halacha) are off-topic. For practical advice consult your rabbi. Try to broaden the question so it applies to a wider audience, such as by asking what sources are applicable to the question. (More information.)" – sabbahillel, Yishai, Double AA
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 4
    speak to Dr Avraham Twerski abrahamtwerski.com – ray Aug 29 '16 at 5:37
  • 4
    Hello, @lilah, and welcome to Mi Yodeya. I'm very sorry to hear about your difficult circumstances. Unfortunately, this site does not offer personal advice or counseling. I'd urge you to find a rabbi or counselor you can trust to help give you guidance for your situation. All the best. – Fred Aug 29 '16 at 5:38
  • 3
    It is an emergency case of consultation with a very competent Dayan. – kouty Aug 29 '16 at 6:14
  • 3
    practical question needs to be asked to a acredited Dayan only. This website is not allowed to give you an answer. – kouty Aug 29 '16 at 6:48

Browse other questions tagged .