What are some traditional Jewish symbols of fertility? (with biblical, talmudic, medrashic or kabbalistic sources)
Specifically, I am wondering what ideas/things are associated with fertility and increase.
Some examples I can think of off the top of my head:
- Fish - From Jacob's blessing to Ephraim & Menashe
- Grapes - From all the songs people sing at weddings, there must be a source
- Dudaim - Implied from Reuven's behavior
- Sand / Stars - From G-ds blessing to Abraham
- Fruit ("Be Fruitful and multiply")
I happen to be designing an invitation and wanted to add some imagery that I can back with sources, but also am genuinely curious.