My tefillin have gone missing, as well as a tallit which had belonged to my grandfather ז”ל. At present, I still hope that they turn up, however I am trying to look into other options if chas veshalom they don't.

Since one of the possibilities is that they were stolen, my question is: is there a fund to replace tefillin which were stolen?

EDIT: B"H My tallit and tefillin were found earlier today!

  • 2
    Why would such a thing exist? – Double AA Nov 17 '15 at 15:35
  • 2
    Perhaps find a tefilling gemach that can lend you tefillin until you can purchase new ones. Consider adding a personal articles policy to your homeowners or renters insurance to cover the tefillin (like with a diamond ring). Some homeowners, rental, or auto policies cover personal articles depending on where they were stolen from. – sabbahillel Nov 17 '15 at 16:39
  • For possible help, also e-mail me at Davidariel25@gmail.com TY – David Kenner Nov 17 '15 at 21:19
  • @sabbahillel, do you know a Boston-area tefillin gemach? If I were renting or living in my own place (or had a car) I'd gladly add such a policy, however there is not such thing in my dorm contract AFAIK. – Noach MiFrankfurt Nov 17 '15 at 21:35
  • 1
    Great. I am thrilled for you. – Gershon Gold Nov 20 '15 at 16:26

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .