Who can someone go to to get Kaballah in Shechita in America?


2 Answers 2


Certification for shechitah is known as a "kabalah", not (directly) related to "Jewish mysticism."

I recall seeing a sign advertising lessons that would culminate in an exam/certification from either Rabbi Yisroel Belsky in Brooklyn (who is on OU Kosher's policy panel), or a name in Lakewood I'm afraid I didn't recognize. At least that's one name for you ...

  • AFAIK Rabbi Belsky doesn't give people kabalah...but perhaps I don't know that far :P
    – MTL
    Jul 29, 2015 at 20:55
  • So any other ideas??
    – user9841
    Jul 29, 2015 at 21:23

Rabbi Avidan Elkin of Hackensack, NJ

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .