- Assuming that one must wash one's hands before eating bread unless the water is very far away, and
- assuming one is near water, and
- assuming that the highest precedence b'racha is the b'racha for bread - hamotzi lechem min ha'aretz, and
- assuming that one has bread as well as food demanding other b'rachos, and
- assuming one has every intention and desire to eat the bread, and
- assuming the water is sufficiently inconvenient at the moment of decision to make washing a slight annoyance,
is one required to eat the bread first, or is the slight annoyance enough to bump the other food up the precedence ladder, deferring the bread until later?
UPDATE: Now with sources!