I'm trying to find the status of making sushi on shabbos.
I will ask LoR, but would also like to get info here as well as sources, and use as a guide for others.
Issues I'm aware of / heard of:
- Mevashel - Obvious, let the rice cool first (also pretty painful).
- Boneh - Not really sure why it would be, but heard some people throwing it around.
- Memachaik/Memareach - while spreading the rice. Don't think it applied to ready-to-eat food though.
- Tochen - Cutting some veggies very thinly could pose an issue (such as cucumber) can be avoided by preparing from before.
- Uvda D'chol - So is making a sandwich, or using the toilet. Not sure why this is more than anything else.
- Measuring - simply; don't.
Any ideas/sources would be appreciated.