I have often heard "drashot" or homiletic interpretations of many verses in the torah. How do we know that the torah can be explained in a non-literal way beyond the non-literal explanations found in the talmud and its contemporary literature such as midrash. Meaning, if a certain drasha of a pasuk is not found in the gemarah or midrash can a person simply make it up on his own? If not what are the parameters for creating a non-literal interpretation?
Featured on Meta
- How does a blind passenger not die, if driver becomes unconscious
- What size of powerbank will I need to power a phone and DSLR for 2 weeks?
- Parameterize chained calls to a utility program in Bash
- Why is it recommended to mix yogurt starter with a small amount of milk before adding to the entire batch?
- Would it be a copyright violation if I made a character’s full name refer to a song?
- Understanding the reasoning of the woman who agreed with King Solomon to "cut the baby in half"
- Is it damaging to turn off a small fridge for two days every week?
- Greeting with "Ho"
- How do I set an alias to a terminal line?
- What's currently blocking the construction of the wall between Mexico and the US?
- How to draw this center trajectory of rolling ball?
- What can I do with a research project that is my university’s intellectual property?
- Can humans ever directly see a few photons at a time? Can a human see a single photon?
- Can you find x?
- How can I politely work my way around not liking coffee or beer when it comes to professional networking?
- Why did pressing the joystick button spit out keypresses?
- Drawing people along with x and y axis
- Do I have to explain the mechanical superiority of the player-character within the fiction of the game?
- How does a pilot select the correct ILS when the airport has parallel runways?
- Does this Wild Magic result affect the sorcerer or just other creatures?
- LWC - Best practice for routing?
- Who are the remaining King/Queenslayers?
- How long would it take to cross the Channel in 1890's?
- JSON selector class in Python