In the Minhag Rheinus, we have piyutim which are added by ma'ariv and shacharit on yom tov, as well as on certain Shabbatot. While I am aware of the position of some of them (Yotzer, Ofan, Zulat, kerovot) I am unaware of the actual position certain of the others, namely the ones by Ma'ariv and the Ahavah (the only fromm schul in my area being a Chabad). Is there a chart anywhere which lists the positions of the remaining piyutim?
In Ashkenaz today [the situation was different in different communities in the past]:
- Me'ora - Before or chodosh.
- Ahava - different minhogim, either before v'keiravtanu or before l'hodos lecho.
- Short piyut before end of first berocho,
- Same with second;
- long piyut before בגילה ברינה בשמחה רבה ואמרו כלם,
- short piyut before זה צור ישענו פצו פה ואמרו [insted of זה א-לי ענו ואמרו],
- short piyut before end of that berocho,
- and short or long piyut before the end of השכיבנו.