It seems odd that something like the tradition for techeles could have been lost. It seems unlikely that Jews just stopped using techeles at some point and then immediately forgot. Are there no records of how the dye was made?
Pesach/Passoverends in 2 days
Featured on Meta
3Is there a spiritual/symbolic significance as to why the black and white tallis seems to be the standard amongst Orthodox?
3At what point does a Jew going against tradition establish a legitimate extension to that tradition?
- A strange hotel
- Does a large simulator bay have standard public address announcements?
- Check if a string is entirely made of the same substring
- Could moose/elk survive in the Amazon forest?
- How does Captain America channel this power?
- What is the most expensive material in the world that could be used to create Pun-Pun's lute?
- Is there really no use for MD5 anymore?
- Magical attacks and overcoming damage resistance
- How come there are so many candidates for the 2020 Democratic party presidential nomination?
- How do I deal with a coworker that keeps asking to make small superficial changes to a report, and it is seriously triggering my anxiety?
- Can a barbarian keep raging if she shoves an enemy on her turn?
- Which big number is bigger?
- I preordered a game on my Xbox while on the home screen of my friend's account. Which of us owns the game?
- What is the term for a person whose job is to place products on shelves in stores?
- Why did C use the -> operator instead of reusing the . operator?
- If a planet has 3 moons, is it possible to have triple Full/New Moons at once?
- What happens to the Infinity Stones?
- What makes accurate emulation of old systems a difficult task?
- Initiative: Do I lose my attack/action if my target moves or dies before my turn in combat?
- Who was the lone kid in the line of people at the lake at the end of Avengers: Endgame?
- How to remove these lines in Altium Design
- Why did Rep. Omar conclude her criticism of US troops with the phrase "NotTodaySatan"?
- Why does Mind Blank stop the Feeblemind spell?
- Pulling the rope with one hand is as heavy as with two hands?