Recently the rav at my local schul made a highly innapropriate remark on Facebook which would be considered lashon hara as well as sinat chinam. As the schul is a shlichut of Chabad (it is the only fromm schul within walking distance) the rav is not appointed by the community. What is the proper recourse to such an action and does Chabad have any way to deal with such public aveirot?

Usually, this issue would fall under CYLOR, however, that is not really an option in this case.

  • 2
    So you resort to CY non-Local Random Group of People??? There is no other Rabbi you can ask?
    – Double AA
    Jun 8, 2014 at 3:15
  • If the question is about if "Chabad have any way to deal with" this, why not use the Chabad tag?
    – MTL
    Jun 8, 2014 at 3:19
  • 3
    Also, why not just ask Chabad?
    – MTL
    Jun 8, 2014 at 3:19

1 Answer 1


I would suggest sending a message to the Chabad headquarters.

Contact Us
Lubavitch World Headquarters
770 Eastern Parkway
Brooklyn, New York 11213

Phone: 718 774.4000
Fax 718 774.2718
Email: [email protected]

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .