Is there a website or book that can tell me all the places in Shas where a certain pasuk is mentioned or referenced?
(Preferably website, and preferably can show places in Midrash, too.)
Mi Yodeya is a question and answer site for those who base their lives on Jewish law and tradition and anyone interested in learning more. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
I think the most complete indexing book of that kind is תורה הכתובה והמסורה by אהרן הימן. It's published by דביר in three volumes.
It goes through the whole Bible verse by verse, giving for each verse a list of locations in Talmud and Midrash where the verse is mentioned in some way.
Other answers have offered modern, more complete resources. I'll stick to basics: many, many traditional prints of Chumash and of Nach include something called Tol'dos Aharon, a work of the 16th century Italian Aaron of Pesaro, which lists, for each phrase, every citation of that phrase in Bavli and a few other sources. Or almost every. (And if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't count duplicates: if the same passage of g'mara appears in two places, TA will point to one of them.)
Note when reading TA that a colon after a page number indicates the flip side; a period, the obverse.
Each chapter which has at least one citation in the Bavli is listed in order. Each masechta is only named once, followed by a list of daphim.
So this lists it by chapter, not by individual verse; the latter would likely be pretty unwieldy. This index is 14 pages, which, printed double-sided, tucks easily into a book or notebook. (If you print it 2-up it'll of course be even more compact, but that gets pretty small.)
I think HaMafteach has a complete index of verses.
The Bar Ilan Responsa program (on CD\USB, but not the website) links all pesukim to nearly all of Safrut Chazal: Medrashim, Bavli, Yerushalmi, Tosefta, and more.
I found a refernce to WebShas that may be useful. You would have to check what the links and search actually do as I have not tested it.
Using google I found an ad for the Bar Ilan discs which says that it includes a concordance. If this is what you have, then it should already be in your system.
Bar Ilan Judaic Library School & Library Edition
Some of the many Features of Bar Ilan's Judaic School Library, you can:
- Powerful Boolean Search Engine – Search by: Word, Phrase, Expression - including Grammar.
- Complete interactive Concordance on the Bible and Talmud…
- Display Search Results by - long excerpts of text, short excerpts, or just a list of the sources.
- Display any combination of Database Texts on screen – and see all relevant groups of commentaries.
- Save your search results and other texts, so you can view them or print them with a word processor.
- Select portions of Texts to add to your notes and Class Handouts – saves typing!
- Includes Biographies of hundreds of Rabbis from medieval times to the present.
- Calculate Gematrias and find Biblical verses or expressions with the equivalent Gematria.
- Includes Biographical Sketches of the Rabbis in the Mishna & Talmud.
- Aramaic Hebrew Dictionary.
- Abbreviation Dictionary.
- Display biographies of Talmudic Rabbis and information about their teachers and disciples.
- Display Hebrew-Gregorian calendar Plus Yahrzeit and Bar Mitzvah Calculator.
- Display Biblical Verses for Names.
- Encyclopedia of Talmudic Concepts.