In my experience it is rare to see a Rosh Yeshiva or other prominent Rabbi declared to be senile and no longer working at full mental capacity. Recently such a proclamation was made about one Rosh Yeshiva however this was due to a legal situation. I think it is fair to assume that there are other Gedolim or older Roshei Yeshiva who are in a similar situation. I understand these things are not made public out of respect, but halachically I would guess that a person who no longer has all his faculties cannot be relied upon for psak. At what point can/should an assumption be made by the general public that a certain Rav is senile and can no longer be relied upon, even absent a medical diagnosis?
Pesach/Passoverends in 3 days
Featured on Meta
2If your rabbi accidentally tells you that something is allowed, and you follow him, are you punished?
-2What to do if you haven't yet davened mincha and an important rabbi calls you 10 minutes before shekia?
- Can a level 2 Warlock take one level in rogue, then continue advancing as a warlock?
- std::unique_ptr of base class holding reference of derived class does not show warning in gcc compiler while naked pointer shows it. Why?
- Why did Rep. Omar conclude her criticism of US troops with the phrase "NotTodaySatan"?
- Critique of timeline aesthetic
- Injection into a proper class and choice without regularity
- Is there really no use for MD5 anymore?
- How to have a sharp product image?
- Contradiction proof for inequality of P and NP?
- What was Apollo 13's "Little Jolt" after MECO?
- Find the identical rows in a matrix
- Does a large simulator bay have standard public address announcements?
- "My boss was furious with me and I have been fired" vs. "My boss was furious with me and I was fired"
- What is the best way to deal with NPC-NPC combat?
- A strange hotel
- As an international instructor, should I openly talk about my accent?
- How much of a wave function must reside inside event horizon for it to be consumed by the black hole?
- Where was the County of Thurn und Taxis located?
- Retract an already submitted recommendation letter (written for an undergrad student)
- How can I practically buy stocks?
- Do I need to watch Ant-Man and the Wasp and Captain Marvel before watching Avengers: Endgame?
- Don’t seats that recline flat defeat the purpose of having seatbelts?
- Why do games have consumables?
- Why do distances seem to matter in the Foundation world?
- How do I produce this Greek letter koppa: Ϟ in pdfLaTeX?