I would like to specifically know what the definitions of attiphath yishma'elim were among the Geonim. The opinions of the Rishonim on the subject seem to be convoluted (i.e. no one really knew what it was). So did the Geonim know? Do they describe it?
Featured on Meta
22If Christianity is avodah zarah and Islam is not, why has the Christian world triumphed over the non-Christian, and why do Jews prefer to live among Christians and not Muslims?
- Ethical for a company to ask employees to move furniture on the weekend?
- Can both line and load go to same screw on a GFCI outlet?
- A scene of Jimmy diversity
- What alternatives exist to at-will employment?
- Why run a service as a system user?
- Creating a character, is Noble a class or a background?
- A Difficult Double Sum.
- Is it possible to cast two 9th level spells without taking a long rest in 5e?
- Capacitor with specific self-resonant frequency?
- Mathematica function equivalent to Matlab's residue function (partial fraction expansion)
- Is the distribution of the ratio of the sample variance to the populaton variance from a normal population exactly or approximately Chi Square?
- Why did Spider-Man take a detour to Dorset?
- What made Windows ME so crash-prone?
- Why don't commercial aircraft adopt a slightly more seaplane-like design to allow safer ditching in case of emergency?
- Teferi's Time Twist on creature with +1/+1 counter
- Getting fresh water in the middle of hypersaline lake in the Bronze Age
- When does Fisher's "go get more data" approach make sense?
- Why should I cook the flour first when making bechamel sauce?
- Can a Resident Assistant Be Told to Ignore a Lawful Order?
- Identification of an AC transformer
- What is this old "lemon-squeezer" shaped pan
- Was Willow's first magic display (blazing arrow through arm) actual magic, and if not, what's the trick?
- Why isn't aluminium involved in biological processes?
- How could an animal "smell" carbon monoxide?