The Torah commanded Jewish kings to write their own Torah scroll from a master in the possession of the Levites, and to read it every day of their life so that they should not become haughty and so they might keep G-d's laws. Deut. 17:18-20. Given that many of Israel's and Judea's kings were not G-d-fearing, do we know how many kings actually wrote a Torah scroll and where they were stored before the first exile? Was the practice revived in the Second Temple?
Featured on Meta
- Writing "hahaha" versus describing the laugh
- What is this dime sized black bug with white on the segments near Loveland Colorodao?
- Does the fact that we can only measure the two-way speed of light undermine the axiom of invariance?
- What does it mean for something to be strictly less than epsilon for an arbitrary epsilon?
- Wifi light switch needs neutral wire. Why? AND Can that wire be a skinny one?
- Is it normal to "extract a paper" from a master thesis?
- Illustrating that universal optimality is stronger than sphere packing
- Nunc est bibendum: gerund or gerundive?
- How to tease a romance without a cat and mouse chase?
- What all did Brienne write about Jaime?
- Is being an extrovert a necessary condition to be a manager?
- Why A=2 and B=1 in the call signs for Spirit and Opportunity?
- How did the Allies achieve air superiority on Sicily?
- DeleteCases using two lists but with partial match?
- Why "strap-on" boosters, and how do other people say it?
- Are schemes obtained from reduced schemes by gluing infinitesimal stuff along a reduced closed subscheme?
- If I arrive in the UK, and then head to mainland Europe, does my Schengen visa 90 day limit start when I arrived in the UK, or mainland Europe?
- Can diplomats be allowed on the flight deck of a commercial European airline?
- (For training purposes) Are there any openings with rook pawns that are more effective than others (and if so, what are they)?
- Why do the i8080 I/O instructions take a byte-sized operand to determine the port?
- "Official wife" or "Formal wife"?
- Salesforce bug enabled "Modify All"
- Keeping the dodos out of the field
- Variable does not Exist: CaseTrigger