One of the explanations I have heard for the title מכבי is that it is an acronym for the pasuk 'מִי-כָמֹכָה בָּאֵלִם ה (Shemos 15:11). Is there any reason, mystical or otherwise that that pasuk (or part of the pasuk) specifically was chosen?
Featured on Meta
1Online commentary for 3 ENOCH — a Hekalot & Merkevah, mystical, apocalyptic, pseudepigraphal, Jewish text (400CE)?
4Is it obligatory / recommended / permitted / discouraged / forbidden to tie a red thread to a child's crib?
- Is this more than a packing puzzle?
- Why did Steve Rogers choose Sam in Endgame?
- Why do the faithful have to say "And with your spirit " in Catholic Mass?
- Conducting exams in which a computer (but no internet) is available
- Do First Order blasters maintain a record of when they were fired?
- Is there a way to handmake alphabet pasta?
- I do not have power to all my breakers
- Animal Shelter Management C++
- What exactly is a Hadouken?
- How to honestly answer questions from a girlfriend like "How did you find this place" without giving the impression I'm always talking about my exes?
- Could I use a Greatsword and a Longsword in one turn with Two-weapon fighting and dual wielding feat?
- Print all lines that don't have numbers, using sed
- What are some symbols representing peasants/oppressed persons fighting back?
- Project Euler, problem # 9, Pythagorean triplet
- How could an animal "smell" carbon monoxide?
- Can't update Ubuntu 18.04.2
- Why limit to revolvers?
- Three-dimensional light bulbs
- What are "full piece" and "half piece" in chess?
- How to change checkbox react correctly?
- What systems of robust steganography are out there?
- Why should I cook the flour first when making bechamel sauce?
- I gave my characters names that are exactly like another book. Is it a problem?
- Can I send medicine to someone in Canada?