I'm Jewish, so I have to keep many laws in mind. Kashrut, tefillin, yichud, kol isha, and more.
When staying as a houseguest in a non-frum or non-Jewish home, what are some of the issues I might face? What's your advice on dealing with these issues?
[Edit: Assume that the point of my trip is to attend a computer conference. Assume that my host is a quiet guy who's not attending the conference.]
Sources, links, and personal experiences are all welcome. Please tell us what web search terms you used, if any.
Related, regarding kashrut:
- Drinking cold kosher beverages in a non-Jewish relative's house.
- When staying in a hotel, is it allowed to use the drinking glasses they provide you with?
- Kashering a microwave.
- Can I trust a non-kosher home's coffee pot?
- Using a treif toaster oven.
- Eating in less-religious homes.
Related, regarding tefillin: