What are other contemporary Jewish movements, and who are their founders? Please do not movements are not considered to be part of the mainstream, such as Samaritans, Christians, Karaites, et al. Ideally, it would be nice if the answer could just become a community wiki and everybody could contribute together. Thanks to all!
closed as not a real question by Shmuel Brin, simchastorah, yoel, Isaac Moses♦ Mar 25 '12 at 8:10
It's difficult to tell what is being asked here. This question is ambiguous, vague, incomplete, overly broad, or rhetorical and cannot be reasonably answered in its current form. For help clarifying this question so that it can be reopened, visit the help center. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
- Hasidism - Baal Shem Tov
- Mussar Movement - Rabbi Israel Salanter
- Political Zionism - Theodor Herzl
- Cultural Zionism - Achad Ha'Am
- Meretz - Shulamit Aloni
- Kahanism (see chapter 10 of R' Kahane's book entitled Uncomfortable Questions for Comfortable Jews) - Rabbi Meir Kahane
- Republican Jewish Coalition - Richard Fox
- Centrist Orthodoxy - ???
- Shemirat Torah Umitzvot - Moshe Rabbenu
- monotheism - Hashem (Abraham didn't invent God being alone, He just rediscovered the idea)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_movements http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Types_of_Zionism (Can somebody please delineate these into our answer?)