I need to replace my outer talit bag - the one that most people have as a brittle, transparent, zippered bag with gold piping (e.g.). I am tired of having these bags break on me, and I don't have a designer inner bag to display, so transparency is unnecessary for me.
Can you recommend an alternative? It doesn't necessarily have to have been designed to be a talit bag.
- When wet on the outside, easy to extract contents without getting them wet
- Lightweight (ideally, I could fold it up empty and put it in my pocket)
- Space for a talit, tefilin, and a couple of books
- Not too ugly to carry into the synagogue on Shabbat
- Special compartments for talit, tefilin, books, etc.
- Nice-looking Jewish design on the outside, or the ability to add one
- Shoulder strap, or at least the hooks for one
On further reflection, and after considering Aaron's answer, I'm thinking that what I'm looking for is like a "stuff sack,"but preferably with more in the way of internal compartmentalization and external strappage, and looking less like a gym bag.