To explain the lenient theological explanation, it is first important to understand what the basis of the opposition towards the state of Israel is.
In extremely short:
The medrash on shir hashirim cites 3 oaths that were made, 2 by the jewish people and one by the nations of the world:
1. not to ascend to Eretz Yisrael as a wall before the coming of moshiach
2. not to rebel against the nations and force the end of the exile
not to overly oppress the jewish people.
The fact that the creation of the state of Israel, using warfare, went against one or both of these oaths is the main ideological reason why people are opposed to it.
As I said this is extremely simplified and summarised. I'm happy to expand if you want to know more.
I will try to list some of the ideological justifications of the other groups as I can remember them, I am sure there are more: (please note that for every one of these justifications, the opposition has plenty explanations).
1. The three oaths are aggadeta and not halacha, proof being that the rambam doesn't cite them in his codification of halacha.
2. there are prophecies which allude to a jewish state before the coming of moshiach
3. Due to Balfour declaration and UN decision, the establishment of the state does not constitute a rebellion against the nations
I will probably get down votes from both sides of the fence but I have tried to be bipartisan. If you are interested in this topic, there are many books on the subject which go through the issue in detail.