I am looking for the rules for the exact formatting (the visual look) of the Chumash. I thought I was interested in the Torah Scroll, but it turns out that I'm actually looking for info on the Book format.
Questions about formatting.
- Are there page numbers?
- What are these whitespace spans and how large are they and where are they placed / what are they separating?
- How tall is the text (in pixels or inches or millimeters)?
- How many characters can fit on one line / are allowed to be on one line?
- How big is the whitespace between words?
- What font most closely resembles it, is it ShlomoStam? Or are there better fonts?
- Is there anything but the main Torah text (verse numbers, book titles, etc.)?
- Is the text slanted (italics-like)?
- Is it entirely in black, or are there shades of gray?
- Anything else of interest visually that I missed?
I think I am wondering about Tikkun Soferim, but not sure.
For example, what are these large whitespaces and what are they modelled on?