I know someone completing their conversion soon and they have already chosen a Hebrew name as well as changed their legal name to a traditional name from Torah. Should they use their Hebrew name or this new legal name for the Shtar Giur (Conversion certificate)?

New contributor
Zuriel Biran is a new contributor to this site. Take care in asking for clarification, commenting, and answering. Check out our Code of Conduct.

closed as primarily opinion-based by Dr. Shmuel, msh210 Aug 13 at 21:57

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    I don't think there's any rules for such a document...are you asking according to Jewish law or asking for practical advice – robev Aug 13 at 19:03
  • 3
    If the rabbi overseeing the conversion is worth their salt then they'll ensure to ask about names as necessary. – Double AA Aug 13 at 19:05
  • practical advice - what would you suggest ? – Zuriel Biran Aug 13 at 19:06
  • I've closed this question as opinion-based because you've clarified in your comment that you're seeking opinions. – msh210 Aug 13 at 21:57
  • 1
    Welcome to MiYodeya Zuriel and thanks for this first question. Your question was closed because this site is not a good place for personal questions. Those should be asked to a rabbi well-versed in the relevant laws who will ask questions on context and personal specifics to come to a good answer. This site can't substitute for this. Please don't let this deter you from coming back to learn with us. Also can I recommend you take the tour to get a sense of how the site works? – mbloch Aug 14 at 4:14

Browse other questions tagged .