One is not allowed to throw out pieces of bread larger than a k'zayis. Rabbi Doniel Neustadt (here in footnote 2) says this also applies to pastry and cake, but doesn't provide a source for this. Does anyone know of a source for this, or if anyone argues? Thanks.
Featured on Meta
5(Seeking Original Source in Yechave Daas ) Limiting instances of doing something 3 times becoming a neder
- Why did David Cameron offer a referendum on the European Union?
- Did moving a Shuttle Remote Manipulator System (RMS) from one Orbiter to another have any impact on operations?
- Count Even Digits In Number
- Is there some hidden joke behind the "it's never lupus" running gag in House?
- Why do compressed liquids heat up when allowed to expand unlike gases?
- Where did Carnap express his disagreement with Wittgenstein's Tractatus?
- Would Brexit have gone ahead by now if Gina Miller had not forced the Government to involve Parliament?
- Could a 19.25mm revolver actually exist?
- Pirate democracy at its finest
- Subjunctive mood in comparison
- How did early x86 BIOS programmers manage to program full blown TUIs given very few bytes of ROM/EPROM?
- Solving for three parameters from a matrix equation and storing them in separate variables
- Did people go back to where they were?
- Statue View: 2, 3, 5, 7
- Is "cool" appropriate or offensive to use in IMs?
- How to Pin Point Large File eating space in Fedora 18
- Does Nitrogen inside commercial airliner wheels prevent blowouts on touchdown?
- Are these reasonable traits for someone with autism?
- Seed ship, unsexed person, cover has golden person attached to ship by umbilical cord
- Integrating an absolute function using mathematica
- Why do they consider the Ori false gods?
- Under what law can the U.S. arrest International Criminal Court (ICC) judges over war crimes probe?
- Why are C64 games inconsistent with which joystick port they use?
- I unknowingly submitted plagiarised work