In parshat Vayera:
- 3 Angels visit Avraham and tell him that Sarah will give birth to a son in a year
- 2 of those angels continue on to Sodom to rescue Lot
- Avraham argues with God to save Sodom if a sufficient number of righteous people can be found
- Lot and his daughters are saved, but Lot's wife looks back on the destruction and is turned into a pillar of salt.
- Lot's daughters get him drunk and become preganant by him, giving birth to the nations of Ammon and Moab.
- Abimelech, king of Gerar, abducts Sarah, and God appears to him to warn him not to try to marry her.
- Yitzhak is born.
- Sarah sends Hagar and Yishmael away.
- The binding of Yitzhak.