The Tablet-K hechsher is quite common on products in US supermarkets - especially cheeses. There seems to be a strong sentiment that it is not an acceptable hechsher, but I've heard no halachik reasons for that sentiment.
What are the issues with Tablet-K?
Of interest in responses:
- Official policies of the organization
- Ability of the organization to execute on those policies
- Official policy of other kashrut organizations regarding Tablet-K
Not of interest:
- Stories of what you've heard "through the grapevine"
- Stories about what individuals do or do not hold by this hecksher.
- General pontification on kashrut, the state of kashrut in America, how delicious the cheese must be, recipes, culinary wisdom, or the like.