In an effort to trace back Rabbi-to-student transmission of tradition, I've run into some dead ends, and I'm hoping the community can offer some leads. Under whom did the following Rabbis study?
- Naftali Tzvi Yehuda Berlin (Netziv)
- Yosef Dov Ber Soloveitchik (Bais HaLevi)
- Aryeh Leib Ginzberg (Sha'agat Aryeh)
For the next two, I have their immediate mentor, but then the trail dries up:
- Eliyahu of Vilna (Vilna Gaon) studied under R. Moses Margalit
- Akiva Eger studied under his uncle R. Wolf Eger
I appreciate any information that can get my quest back on track. Thanks.