Mi Yodeya is a question and answer site for those who base their lives on Jewish law and tradition and anyone interested in learning more. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

To paint a scenario, a process is somewhat regulated by an outside authority on what needs to be taught, understood and implemented. The teaching arm of this authority is allowed to arrange these how they wish or see fit and devises a structure, which they then disseminate to their teachers. They also semi-frequently change the curriculum structure.

If a pupil does not find easy comprehension or finds it to be ill suited to their learning style or method, may he - with halachic and/or hashkafa backing - ask for the content to be rearranged and/or ask for changes in the teaching method?

I am pulling this question from this article, which covers some of the textual backings / analysis.

Edited to include the note that this is all within the Jewish community and Jewish organizations.

share|improve this question
I see you've tagged this "adult learning", so I assume you mean adults and not kids? Are you talking about group instruction (where changes affect others) or individual tutoring? – Monica Cellio May 18 '14 at 16:44
What exactly are you asking... You can certainly ask for anything and whatever that will help you learn and understand the material. If the institution can't accommodate you at least you tried. – Yoni May 18 '14 at 18:46

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.