Mi Yodeya is a question and answer site for those who base their lives on Jewish law and tradition and anyone interested in learning more. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Looking for a gartel that goes under the shirt to keep tzitzis straight but have only found the large ones that married men wear. where would one find the smaller thinner kind that can go under a shirt?

share|improve this question
Everyone I know uses a Shabbos Key Belt (without the key, obviously). – Yishai May 16 '14 at 17:22
Why would that not be problematic on shabbas to wear two belts on top of each other? – sam May 16 '14 at 18:08

Try getting a piece of elastic at a fabric store. Get a long enough piece that you don't have to stretch it too far.
You could also do what some chassidim do for their regular gartlech and use a couple shoelaces tied together (without the aglets).

share|improve this answer
+1 for use of aglets – Charles Koppelman May 16 '14 at 20:45
walmart sells them: walmart.com/search/… – Menachem May 16 '14 at 21:21

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.