I have heard of mevushal not being used for kiddush. Now most wine labels indicate whether the wine is mevushal. But are there other things to be concerned about?
The following are halakhic concerns I've learned.
- The wine should not contain sugar or alchohol not provided by the grapes.
- It should not have extra coloring.
- It should not have been 'treated' to stop it fermenting.
- Although one can squeeze grapes and use them for kiddush, they should ferment for at least one day.
- It should be the best wine a person can afford. Like any mitsva, one should use the best.
Are there other concerns to keep in mind?
Have I made any mistakes?