Mi Yodeya is a question and answer site for those who base their lives on Jewish law and tradition and anyone interested in learning more. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

When I celebrate my completion of a minor tractate (e.g. Masechet Derech Eretz or Kutim or Gerim), should I say Hadran and/or Kaddish at my Siyyum (party)?

share|improve this question
Ta Shma': judaism.stackexchange.com/q/17970/5 – Seth J Aug 14 '12 at 16:47
@SethJ This is definitely a formal unit. I imagine it would parallel the rules of a completing a tractate of Mishnayot. – Double AA Aug 14 '12 at 18:32
I didn't call it a dupe. I think it's more a Kal VaHomer (from my question to this one) if you follow the answer(s) that you do make a proper Siyum. – Seth J Aug 14 '12 at 18:55
@SethJ It isn't so much of a kal vachomer, since some of them are only one chapter (Avadim); the answer there in the name of R' Moshe Feinstein was that you have to feel accomplished – b a Aug 14 '12 at 23:53

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.