It's well worth listening to this shiur of Rabbi Reuven Leuchter talmid of Rav Shlomo Wolbe zt"l: http://ravleuchter.com/?p=435 It’s titled Hagodo 1. Here are a few of the main points: but they are no substitute for viewing and hearing this shiur. Questions about these points may arise from my paraphrasing. Please listen to the shiur.
1) Klal Yisroel went out – we as individuals went out only as part of the klal.
2) The Borei Olom personally intervened. The emphasis is "Ilo lo hotzi HKBH" (not if we wouldn’t have come out things would have been different.) This intervention is the basis of my life. I have to experience that! Knowledge alone is insufficient.
3) The part about Rebbe Elozor ben Azariah is to show that HKBH enters the picture at all times and not that he aged overnight.
4) Message of the 4 sons is that HKBH intervenes according to your capacities!
The Rosho is cultured; his view is that Yetzias Mitzrayim is not relevant to me. He has to realise that he can only go out if he is part of the klal.
The Aino yodea lisheol is a modern person intelligent person. He says holydays commemorate the old times. He looks to the future. He honours what we do. He just says it just doesn’t speak to me. His answer is "Yochol mirosh chodesh." We went out of mitzraim in order to eat the matzo. We are not celebrating Passover to remember the past. The past happened because of now.
5) Rav Leuchter says that the Seder is NOT about saying Divrei Torah.