I dont know if this type of question is allowed but I was told to ask it here
The symbol is on some restaurants in the NY tri-state area (like Crumbs Bake Shop for example) and I have heard of quite a few people that eat at establishments that are under the OKS.
What are the issues with OKS?
I asked a reliable source who works for a reputable hechsher who said:
OKS is not considered a reliable hechsher
Of interest in responses:
- Official policies of the organization
- Ability of the organization to execute on those policies
- Official policy of other kashrut organizations regarding OKS
Not of interest:
- Stories of what you've heard "through the grapevine"
- Stories about what individuals do or do not hold by this hecksher.
- General pontification on kashrut, the state of kashrut in America, how delicious the cupcakes must be, recipes, culinary wisdom, or the like.